Thursday 9 August 2012

Customizing... Where to start ?

" I was thinking " instead of sleeping;  of my collectable dolls and how i started to customize some of them. Then i remembered years ago when i found my first Blythe doll in a store. I wanted her so badly and she was not the most affordable doll! I had no idea that it was a collectable and that some artist were customizing them.  I didn't know that the word customizing was existing in the first place.
Then i spent my first 120 $ for a "save the animal Blythe doll to customize" after reading online tutorials. Wow a SBL mold!  The worst to start with... i was so afraid to wreck the poor doll!

All that to say; Where do we start when we want to customize a doll like Blythe , Pullip or even Tangkou? I started by reading Melissa at the http://www.puchicollective.com/ website. She thought me everything that i needed to know to get started! All dolls are different but when it come to rerooting techniques, carving, sanding,  repainting and make-up, sewing outfits and buying supplies, we all pretty much end up doing the same things and looking at the same places. If you want to customize a doll and you just don't know where to start, i would suggest to visit this website, it is a wonderful place to learn!

No comments: